GIS Career Salary Survey
This is meant to be an informal survey designed to provide readers with a rough "approximate" salary range they can expect to find. We have provided several categories based on the most common Career opportunities that exist in the GIS Industry:
- Technician - Junior position, generally 1-5 yrs experience
- Analyst - A more senior tech. responsible for spatial analysis and more senior responsibilities on projects. Generally has 3-7 yrs experience.
- Programmer - educational focus was on programming skills. Typically skilled in web programming, VB, MapBasic, AML, etc... Generally has at least 2 years experience.
Note: the programmer survey has been updated with additional choices. Original survey results are here
- Coordinator - Minimum BA or perhaps masters degreee. Responsible for core GIS staff and some project management.
- Manager - Typically has a masters degree and 5-10 years experience. Responsible for project management and staff.
Please select the option below that most closely resembles your current position. Note, descriptions provided above are approximate generalizations of duties. Since this is a brief survey, currency in question is relative.